Saturday, July 3, 2010

Getting out of Dodge

So, who says Elvis is dead? We had a sighting right in Kingman. Cracker Barrell, to be exact. I couldn't stay in my seat any longer and I walked right up and took their picture, much to the embarrassment of my family. It was worth it.

So, we ended up leaving Templeton at 12 pm. Destination for the night: Kingman, AZ. See this sign? It's In Barstow where the beginning of I-40 is on the West Coast. We will pick up I-40 back NC where it starts on the East Coast. Anyway....so we're heading out of Barstow into No Mans Land and my cell phone rings. I see that it's "Jess". Here's how the conversation goes:
"Hello?" I say.
"Grrr......RRRRR...." It's Henry! I start laughing. Henry grunts and growls when his food isn't getting shoved in fast enough, but I'm not sure what is happening when he's on the phone. I say Hi to Henry like you do when talking to a nine month old. Then, I hear "I want to talk to her". Audrey has now appeared on scene.
"Hi" she says.
"Hi Audrey! What's going on?"
"It's crazy around here!" she tells me.
"Oh really? What's crazy?" I ask.
"My Mom."
"What happened?"
"I was naughty all day."
I then hear something about crayons , the wall, baseboard...Oh boy. I am remembering back to when both my girls decided to decorate my walls.
I give her my Granna lecture that she doesn't have to be naughty anymore. She says Okay and then we hang up. So funny.

4 comments:

  1. Stacy,
    That naughtiness must have paid off...she did quite well at the sing. She sang most of the songs quite loudly (and on key). The kids were very tickled and could hardly sing for giggling. The best part was the oooo at the end of the Cares Chorus. Her lips were way out! She howled like a dog on that. Of course, everyone is tickled so she goes to Brad and says, "Dad, why are we laughing?"

    Cute pic of Elvis and Priscilla. Never know where ghosts will show up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That photo is hilarious! I can't believe you took it of them! Good memories. Your phone conversation with the "kids" is so great, tell Henry "grrrr...rrrr" for me too. :) Have a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I called Dave, and he never answered, or called back,don,t forget about us on your travels.
    Hope your having a good time.
    Jerry

    ReplyDelete