Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Amish Paradise

Greetings from Lancaster County, PA. This is beautiful country! There are farms everywhere you turn. Amish people are living their lives right in front of us. Here we are at our RV park and this is the view from the front of the trailer. Buggies are everywhere. Here are Grandpa and Grandma Stoltzfus...just kidding, I have no idea what their names are, just sounded good. I caught them rising out of their rocking chairs, not too flattering of a pose.

This is Lydia. Well, maybe not Lydia, but she sure looks like one to me. She is riding a bicycle/scooter so she can get around in a dress. These are quite common. She is wearing the traditional navy blue but is being safety conscious in her bright safety vest.


We are now at our RV park and this is the view from the back of our trailer. Quite picturesque would you say? Today, we went to a dairy farm that sells milk products and homemade ice cream. Oh boy. It was absolutely wonderful, and it should be considering the fact it was made with 14 % fat. We plan on going back tomorrow and making complete pigs of ourselves. (again)









Here is a typical view from one of the many back roads. More to come.....




6 comments:

  1. Amish country...so picturesque. We only had a few hours and it was raining when we buzzed through there. Would love to see more and stay longer. So are you on your way home?
    Lana

    ReplyDelete
  2. amish paradise. i had to chuckle. too bad the song doesn't play when you read the post. maybe you could provide a link. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Kelsey's idea. OK, you definitely had your comedic hat on for this one. Some good ones. Looks beautiful, I want to go even more now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. as I walk through the fields, where I harvest my grain, I take a look a look at my wife and realize, she is very plain...

    Looks fun, makin' my "homesick" :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats the homeland of Major Dick Winters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving all the comments!! yes, Lana, we are headed towards home, landing back in the Golden State on Saturday,July 24. Kelsey, that would be hilarious to add a link to that song, but you know me, I haven't a clue how to do something so technical...

    ReplyDelete