Thursday, July 8, 2010

Alabama, Florida and Georgia

So, yesterday we drove many miles, starting from New Orleans and ending up just north of Jacksonville, FL. actually just over the border into Georgia. We did that in order to have a shorter day today in Savannah and Charleston. I regret to say I took no pictures of either Alabama or Florida. But, I will say this. All of us were surprised at how pretty Florida is. When I think of Florida, I think "beach" but what we drove through was heavily wooded and gently rolling terrain.

When we crossed the line into Georgia, this is the welcome sign we saw:
WELCOME TO OUR STATE
We're glad you have Georgia on your mind

If you listened to Country/Western in the 70's, you would remember the classic "Georgia" by Willie Nelson. The state is enjoying some mileage on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment